Monday, May 20, 2013

The Long and Winding Road....

We went on a family vacation a few weeks ago- and since we have been waiting to hear anything on the short sale house, for more than a month- you know they are going to need something from us the week we are 700 miles from home.


This is exactly what happened!  I told the listing Realtor- we would be out of town but I would have access to my email and four days into the vacation what do I get- an email! I don't get more than one email a week updating me that we are still waiting and I'm 4 states away and I get an email needing a form filled out, signed, notarized and faxed... and it can't wait until the following Monday.

It's pretty much how real estate works. There is A LOT of waiting and then a real quick rush to get something completed.... then you wait and wait until the next mini-crisis!

Anyway we had an email asking us to complete a Short Sale Affidavit- which is basically a form saying that the seller makes no profit on the sale of the home.  We had to sign it and get it notarized before the bank closed Friday afternoon.  No big deal except- I had no printer, fax or bank with an account anywhere within a 200 mile radius.

But we were up for a challenge!  We were able to print the form at the office we where we were staying.  Getting it notarized was a bit more challenging because no one wants to notarize your form unless you have an account with them.  Luckily, we found one who bent the rules a little for us and notarized our form.  We then just had to fax it back at the office.  We got it done- but it was a bit more challenging to complete than it should have been!


So we get our form back into them- and since then (more than 2 weeks ago)  I have heard nothing!!! Makes me feel like that form totally could have waited three days! (haha)

As this short sale process continues I am understanding more and more why short sales are so frustrating- you just spend so much time not knowing! It can get discouraging.  So all I can say is just keep looking and be certain you are not missing out on anything you may like better.  And just get comfortable because when you put an offer in on a short sale you are in for a long haul!

I'll keep you updated and try to update more frequently- but as I said it's a slow process and so far I know nothing more than I did three weeks ago!

JS


No comments:

Post a Comment